Tuesday 24 July 2012

Moce Fiji!

I was absolutely certainmy flight was on the 24th af July, so me and Lou travelled like madmen from Savusavu to Nadi via Suva to have a chance to see Alex before leaving. It's closing in on 18 hours travel over two days, one of the days starting at five in the morning.

And when I'd well arrived in the airport, changed into the travel clothes and left behind the last sunbleched washed out dress in a bin, I wondered why the only flights to new Zealand went to Auckland. It wouldn't be strange if something had gone amiss. Turned out to be me. The flight is leaving at 20.25 on July 25th. In other words; I'd come one day early. Idiot me decided to go out with a bang and got a room at Raffles right across the airport. The basic model, but still, it was absolutely amazing to have an air-con room, a proper bathroom, hot water immediately, toiletpaper and a room to myself. And now I'm wasting the day in the patio with a view to bouganvilleas, pools and gardeners fussing around. It's overcast, but that's ok. It's nice here. I'm just about to go home soon. For the moment it doesn't even bother me that I've missed most of NZ South Island. I'd honestly rather just visit my father in Norway.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Hi

Better early than too late!

Your father

Nina said...

I definitely made it to that flight in good time. Hopefully everything will also run smoothly today brining the bike home.

Your daughter