Monday 9 January 2012

In English

There's quite a few along the way who have expressed interest in my adventure around New Zealand. Most of those speak English, so I've decided to go ahead and make a brief English summary of what I'm doing at the end of each post, so you guys can keep up to. Google translate might give a picture of the grand story, but really, we all know that google English is something far apart from real, comprehensible English.

I haven't written much in English before, beause I am aware of the fact that English is not my langugage, and that I am not half as good a writer in English as I am in my own native tongue. So you'll be getting my broken English, which hopefully is good enough. English is anyway in modern times a bastardised language in the mouths and writings of immigrants and would-be cosmopolitans - it's not ours, but we take it anyway and make it ours, transforming it to our needs. And I need to tell my story, perhaps to convince myself it really is happening.

I'll try put up some more pictures too, they should't need translations. Whenever the internet is working at a not too slow pace.

If you think this is a good move, please tick the little "good on you" box right under this post.

No comments: